Chester House is a catered hall of residence with breakfast (brunch at weekends) and dinner included in the fees. We try to cater for all tastes and have a different menu each week. Our aim to ensure the food is healthy and nutritious; except for dessert of course!
Further information about the catering:
- The catering team are very friendly and always willing to help residents. Be prepared for large servings!
- Breakfast (Mon-Fri) is self-service and includes cereals, toast, freshly-made yoghurt with toppings and fresh fruit.
- Brunch (at weekends) can be a cooked breakfast, omelettes, pancakes or something else to enjoy (an earlier breakfast is available on request for residents who work at the weekends, please just ask).
- Dinner is a choice of three mains with sides, a soup of the day and dessert. A vegetarian and vegan option is always available.
- The dining room opening and serving hours can be found by the entrance to the dining room.
- If you are not going to make it back in time for dinner, a late meal can be requested by filling out the online late meal form.
- Any dietary requirements need to be included on the booking form to ensure that the caterers are aware and can provide the necessary dishes. When you arrive, please introduce yourself to the catering team so they know who to give any dietary specific items to.
- We ask that food, crockery, cutlery – basically anything except yourself – is not taken from the dining room otherwise we might run out of forks and spoons at mealtimes.
- Please remember that visitors are not allowed in the dining room unless a meal has been booked for them with reception beforehand.